Local action. We are looking for 5 young people (between 18 and 30 years old) from the provinces of Barcelona and Girona with initiative who want to create, design and implement a local project.
Each winning proposal will receive €1,000 to carry out the projects, mentoring by Mundus Association, and every winner will attend a training course and an international conference in Macedonia (in March and October).
Would you like to carry out a project that can improve your local community? Do you have any idea of social action that you would like to improve?
We are looking for 5 young people (18 – 30 years old) from the province of Barcelona and Girona that have ideas with the aim to improve the planet and the society of the future, following these fields:
- Education and lifelong learning
- Social and community issues
- Sustainability and the environment
- Heritage and culture
- Health and well-being
Submit your idea to us by February 28 at 12:00 (CET) through the form. If you are selected, you will receive a €1,000 grant to carry out your project and participate in the following activities:
- International training course in Macedonia between 11 and 19 March 2020.
- Preparation and implementation of workshops at local and regional level
- International conference in Macedonia from 9 to 19 October 2020.
Don’t miss this opportunity! This initiative belongs to the project “European Youth at the frontlines of Active Citizenship”, a project funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ programme.
What do you need to participate?
You have to think about an idea that you would like to carry out in your community, related to one of the topics mentioned in the previous section (education and continuous learning, social and community issues, sustainability and environment, heritage and culture, health and well-being).
Fill this form online before February 28 at 12:00 (CET)
- We will review the proposals received and contact those who meet the requirements and are pre-selected.
- We will conduct a telephone interview or videoconference with those pre-selected people.
- On 4 March 2020 we will announce the winners (5 young people and their 5 proposals).
- From 11 to 19 March 2020, the 5 young people whose proposals have been selected will travel to Skopje (Macedonia) to meet the winners from the 4 other countries participating in the project. There you will participate in a Training Course, specially designed to acquire skills that will help you to carry out your ideas, and also to design your action plan for the local workshops.
- During the month of April, and until the 9th of May, you will have to hold at least one workshop on participation and social action in a city different from yours, and support the workshop of another participant. These workshops can be held in municipalities, youth centres, universities, etc.
- You will implement your personal projects between the 10th of May and the 10th of October accompanied by the and the mentor of Mundus Association who will offer you the necessary support and guidance to advance your project.
What will be assessed for each project?
We look for innovative ideas that help solve a problem, that are realistic and achievable, that can have a concrete impact on the local community and the target audience, and that can be sustainable over time.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.