From September 22 to October 1, a training course of the Yes Club project took place in Lefkas (Greece) to introduce young people from different countries to the world of social entrepreneurship
YES Club – Youth Entrepreneurs Social Club, the Erasmus + Key Action 2: Capacity Building project coordinated by Solidarity Tracks, held a 10-day training course on the Greek island Lefkada with the aim of promoting youth social entrepreneurship and promoting the exchange of ideas between participants from different countries.
The course has focused on training future e-tutors and social entrepreneurs from Greece, India, Vietnam, Spain, France, Argentina, Romania and Nepal, giving them the necessary tools to be able to develop a social entrepreneurship project and share the knowledge through an e-learning platform. Most of the countries were able to enjoy the experience in person, but due to the current circumstances some countries followed it electronically.
During the first days of training, the participants discovered examples of social entrepreneurship projects in different countries with presentations from their colleagues and also had the opportunity to visit a Solidarity Tracks social project in person. The Greek entity is working on creating a space on the island with several “ecohouses” (sustainable houses).
Other objectives of the training were to develop the creativity of the participants, teach basic video recording and editing processes, get young people to be able to write learning objectives, prepare possible activities for a course and upload their content to the e-learning platform. Moodle. In addition, the participants had the opportunity to discover Lefkada by bike and visit the nearest islands by boat.
María Trinidad, Teresa and Alfonso, Spanish participants, summarize their experience as follows: “Learn while having fun, develop personal relationships and professional skills”.
Yes Club and social entrepreneurship
In recent decades, social entrepreneurship has emerged worldwide as an innovative economic actor that combines positive social impact with entrepreneurship at the service of the common good. While addressing social and environmental issues, these types of social projects also make it possible to improve the inclusive nature of the labor market by creating new job opportunities.
The lack of knowledge and the lack of existing support are the first obstacles that young entrepreneurs face in the world. To solve this problem, an e-learning platform has been developed at “Youth E-club.eu” that guides and advises young people to make their ideas come true.
- Develop the skills of youth workers and educators, particularly in social entrepreneurship education.
- Develop the ICT skills of youth workers through training in the use of Moodle.
- Develop and recognize the pedagogical, civic, technical and business skills of the members of the youth entrepreneurs club to facilitate their integration into the labor market through social entrepreneurship, and promote their initiatives.
- Develop and promote the virtual club of young entrepreneurs
- Continue to facilitate access to mobility and non-formal learning activities for young people with fewer opportunities.
- Develop cooperation between youth organizations, education and training institutions, representatives of the business world and the labor market (including employers) and decision-makers to improve their synergies and complementarities in training and support for young people in order to facilitate their insertion into the labor market and into society.
- Train new e-mentors and develop the capacity of current e-mentors in order to: provide adequate online support to the beneficiaries of the virtual club and update the content of the young entrepreneurs club to meet the needs of changing needs of its members.
- Support the social initiatives of the young beneficiaries of the club and make them more visible.
The next step of the project is to bring the participants back together in Vietnam in a few months to further develop their skills.
Find out more about Yes Club here: https://asociacionmundus.com/tc-yes-club/